Ever wondered what you should bring with you on your to visit Palawan amidst the COVID-19 pandemic? Here are the answers you’ve been looking for.
Did you miss the blissful sunsets and charming islands of Palawan? The province has been closing and re for tourists several times since the start of the pandemic. El Nido and Coron were the first municipalities to accept domestic travelers in October 2020. However, the surge of new COVID-19 cases in the province pushed local authorities to implement stricter community restrictions starting April 2021.
While COVID-19 continues to hamper tourism activities in Palawan, a limited number of flights are still accepted in the province. Should you consider spending a vacation there anytime soon, here are a few things you should take account of.
When did Palawan reopen its tourism industry?
Palawan is one of the reopened tourist destinations in the Philippines. El Nido started to accept domestic tourists in October 2020. Coron reopened its tourism industry last December 2020. San Vicente and other destinations in Palawan also opened their borders in June 2020.
The ease of travel restrictions allows the entry of domestic tourists into the province. However, as of May 2021, visitors from the National Capital Region (NCR) are still exempted because of high COVID-19 cases in the area.
What travel documents should I secure?
Palawan strictly implements the test-before-travel policy. As of May 2021, the province also requires a seven-day quarantine upon arrival in Palawan. You have to consider this if you’ll push through with your travel.
Domestic tourists who plan to visit Palawan should secure the following documents:
- Negative RT-PCR test taken within 48 hours before the scheduled travel in Palawan. The test result should clearly indicate the date and time when the test was performed.
- A confirmed booking at a DOT-accredited hotel
- A return flight ticket
If you plan to stay in Palawan for more than a week, an antigen test is required on your eighth day here. If the test results come out as positive, you have to undergo a mandatory seven-day quarantine. You will also shoulder the testing and quarantine costs.
If you wish to visit El Nido, you will also need:
- A valid ID
- A QT-ID
The same protocol applies if you wish to stay in El Nido for more than a week. An antigen test is required upon your eighth day in the municipality. If your test results come out as positive, you have to undergo the mandatory seven-day quarantine. You will also shoulder all the testing and quarantine costs.
What is a QT-ID and how to get it?
A QT-ID requires your confirmed hotel booking and a negative antigen test taken within the last 24 hours before you travel to El Nido. If you are flying to El Nido, you are advised to visit elnidotourism.ph. This is where you can submit the required documents. Each tourist is assigned a unique QR code for contact tracing purposes.
Tourists from Palawan must present a negative antigen test at the inspection points established by the municipal government of El Nido.
How can I travel safely in Palawan?
Vacations are meant to be enjoyed. Here are a few tips to make your Palawan trip memorable amidst the pandemic:
- Follow the safety protocols. Submit all the required documents prior to your arrival. Comply with the prescribed travel rules and regulations. Obey curfew hours implemented within the municipalities.
- Choose a trusted travel and tour operator. You can book your tour services here at Tikigo. We are a trusted website in Palawan, with many local organizers that will be happy to assist you.
- Stick to your travel itinerary. Avoid wandering around the town without observing the minimum health standards. Wear your mask and face shields properly.
- Lessen your contact with the crowd. We know that it’s a trip you should enjoy, but you have to stay within your circle. You can choose to arrange tours that only include you and your travel buddies.
Find and book your private tours on Tikigo
The new normal tours in Palawan hope to give you a memorable adventure without compromising your safety. Booking private tours is a smart choice. Some tour packages in Palawan provide private transfers or ferry boats. Other travel operators also let you customize your itinerary. These private tours are the best choices to make the most of your stay in Palawan.
Book your tour services with local and reputable operators on Tikigo today. Our platform helps you customize your experience and get in touch with the organizers to tailor their offer to your needs. You can easily choose and reserve private experiences by following these easy steps:
- Click on the following link to search all tours: https://www.tikigo.com/services/tours/
- Indicate the location you’re visiting in the “Location” field
- To get only the private tours, check “private” in the option filters
- Browse and book your tour online
If you’re searching for the perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of your everyday life, look no further. The relaxing vibe, clear waters, astonishing mountain views, exotic flavors, and warmth of Palaweňos are ready to welcome you here. All you need to do is comply with your travel requirements and strictly observe the health protocols. You can now treat yourself to a tour that is absolutely worth the wait.
Indeed, the COVID-19 pandemic allowed Palawan to recharge its natural beauty. The islands were able to breathe from the never-ending tourist arrivals. The sea gained its peace from the noisy boat engines. The white-sand beaches have restored their sparkling vibe. Now, more than ever, Palawan is ready for you.